RULES TO ADHERE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
Whilst there are restrictions in place and we cannot move freely at the club, the following is the guidance from Bowls England (click here for the latest update) with a few amendments by us to cover how we act when we arrive at the club.
- You must not book a slot if you have Corona virus symptoms or have had symptoms any time up to 7 days prior to making a booking.
- If you, or someone in your household, display any Corona virus symptoms in the time between making a booking and playing then you will cancel your slot if possible but in any case you will NOT turn up at the club to play.
- If you develop Corona virus symptoms within 7 days of playing with another member then you must contact that member and a committee member to advise you have symptoms.
- DO NOT JUST TURN UP. Your playing slot must be booked in advance via this booking system.
- Although government guidelines now permit 6 people to group, this is too many people on a bowling rink and maintain distancing so we are currently permitting upto 4 people only per rink only.
- Booking slots are of 100minute duration followed by 20 minutes between allocated time slots to enable players to arrive/depart safely. You can play for less time than this but not more.
- Do not arrive earlier than 10 minutes before your allocated time slot.
- Only play on the rink you have booked (alternate rinks are used to keep an empty rink between those that are being played on).
- Please arrive with your playing dress on so that you do not need to use the clubhouse, change shoes outside.
- If you can provide your own hand sanitiser then please do so, if not then there will be sanitiser available in the clubhouse.
- Use hand sanitiser before, during and after play.
- The clubhouse may be opened but only for the use of toilets, the bar and kitchen remain strictly out of bounds. Gloves must be worn when opening/closing the clubhouse and doors. Remember to wash you hands for at least 20 seconds after using the toilet (follow government guidelines) and put your gloves back on to leave the toilet area.
- Get the key for the shed holding the rink equipment from the keysafe by the clubhouse entry shutter. The keysafe code can be obtained from another bowler or from Dave Jarrold. REMEMBER TO RETURN THE KEY TO THE KEYSAFE WHEN LOCKING UP OR THE NEXT PLAYER(S) WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESSS THE EQUIPMENT.
- Please remember that if you use club provided bottles of hand sanitiser, to leave used bottles IN THE EQUIPMENT SHED.
- Visitors/spectators are permitted inside the bowling area providing they adhere to current social distancing rules, if they do not then they should be asked to leave.
- If the weather turns bad then you MUST NOT be tempted to gather and shelter in the clubhouse, use wet-weather clothing, cancel your booking beforehand or abandon your session.
All the above restrictions are in place to help keep you safe and permit a degree of bowling. If these restrictions are breeched then the brakes will come on again and the club will have to close until the lockdown is totally lifted which probably means no more bowling this summer. We have worked hard to make it possible for the club to re-open so don’t mess it up by being stupid and ignoring the restrictions. Thoese of us who have put in all the graft will not be pleased if that effort is wasted by a few throughtless individuals.
We will start with no cap on the number of occasions a player can book a rink each week but if too many people cannot book a timeslot then a cap will be introduced to ensure that the available capacity is used fairly.
By clicking HERE you agree with abiding by the condition mentioned above and will continue to booking your slot(s).