Short update after the committee meeting this morning.
- We will try the different layout for the table to get drinks from the bar. What you need to try to remember is that if there is someone already at the table then you approach the table from the steps at the top of the ramp, if there is no one there then you can come up the ramp. After being served you always return via the ramp. Whilst you are waiting for your drinks, you wait by the table, you must not wander into the club house. If you have a large order it would help if you could write it down before you go to the table.
- When you go to the toilet we have to adhere to a one-way system so entry to the clubhouse will be via the normal ‘front’ door, you leave the clubhouse through the ‘back’ door.
- When inside the clubhouse to go to the toilet, please wear a facemask. Unless government advice changes, facemasks do not need to be work outside but you may wish to anyway.
- You MUST practice social distancing better when seated around the green. You need to sit 2m (6 feet) apart, not 1m+, unless from the same household or support bubble 1m+ is only for shops, restaurants, etc where 2m cannot reasonably be kept to. If you can argue that when seated outside it is not possible to keep to 2m then we’d be glad to hear it. The virus appears to be resurgent and if we don’t keep to the rules then it’s VERY likely that clubs etc will be ordered to close again either by government (blanket move) or the council (local move) who now have powers to close premises they think are not following the rules.
- If someone asks you to keep your distance then don’t be offended, be thankful instead that they have remembered the rules and have your, and their, safety at heart.
Bernard (Club Secretary)